Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Music that Inspired the Habitat Series

Check out all of songs that inspired me while I wrote the Habitat Series and created the characters.


THE WORLD

I listened to Bulletproof a lot when I began drawing maps and building the supernatural caged city of Santeria. This song has a huge 70s revolutionary feel to me and is why the series deals with so much oppression and violence.








LANORE and MESHACK'S RELATIONSHIP

These songs definitely influenced many of the scenes between La La and MeShee!

  • The sensual scene between them in Fire Baptized





ZULU and LANORE'S RELATIONSHIP

  • For some reason, Thom York and Miguel are the main artists I listen to when I write Zulu and Lanore's scenes!
For the shorty story The Heart Ripper's Song narrated in Zulu's POV, I pretty much only listened to Hearing Damage. . .over and over and over again! I love this song!





  • The sex scene in The Burning Bush between Zulu and Lanore was inspired by Adorn



  • Most of Zulu and Lanore's interactions were inspired by All I Need by Radiohead




THE BURNING BUSH PLOT LINE

The first time I heard No Church in the Wild I said. . .that's the vibe I want for Burning Bush!






Strip club scene in Fire Baptized




I don't know why but the character ANGEL was created from this song. She's nothing like MIA, but I always think of Angel.





The Concept of the REBELS came from this song.





I usually play this during a normal writing time which is probably why my scenes tend to begin with a slow rhythm and then explode into chaos.



No comments:

Post a Comment